Saturday, January 14, 2012

Podast of August at Skeptico now available

An in-depth exploration and discussion with Alex Tsakiris about what Tim called "the pastime of reincarnation" from a few months back is now available as podcast and transcription. We thank Alex for what we found to be an interesting and invigorating experience.

For those who know and love The Risen, and who have expressed concern over Alex's seemingly negative and somewhat unreceptive stance in this podcast, and about the same energy expressed at his forum: don't worry.

We recommend listening to some of the other broadcasts August has done in the past, including one at Coast 2 Coast.

We thank those who listened and were inspired to obtain a copy of the book to see for themselves, as well as for their warm, validating letters of support because they are greatly enjoying it. Thanks especially to those who have reported quite astounding events of synchronicity that seem to have been triggered by their reading the book!

3 Comments:

At Thu Jan 05, 06:06:00 PM 2012, Blogger ellede said...

Just read the transcript, August. Fascinating!

It always strikes me when there's talk of getting 'proof' of contact with the Risen that there's an element left out. This is people being talked about. Who would be impressed at being expected to appear and perform on demand, just to prove they exist? It doesn't have quite the same feel, to me, as the idea of turning up at a reading because you've actually something to say (or are being a pest, like that person you described getting all huffy).

Anyway, how is one supposed to prove things that are often enough experienced in the mind? I couldn't offer a scrap of proof of the sort anyone wanting empirical proofs would credit. Louis's never physcially manifested; I don't know if he can, and from Tim's description it sounds like a major organisational effort. (And if the bloke who looked like him that my girlfriend saw when we were in Chicago, all I can say is that appearing in a crowded cafe when I'm trying to find a seat is really bad timing!) I've had the odd bit of validation that works for me; my three dearest friends have all seen him at different times, but it's all in the mind's eye. The main evidence for me is how I feel now compared with how I felt before we got together.

 
At Thu Jan 05, 09:46:00 PM 2012, Blogger August Goforth said...

I often think of you and Louis and how blessed you both are to have found each other in our vast cosmos; you are connected now like two photons, particles of light, entangled forever, and "distance" is nothing more than an idea, and "feeling" is more than a word. You both are your feelings; you both are new feelings, only you can experience and understand. For that, no proof is needed; you know.

 
At Thu Jan 05, 11:01:00 PM 2012, Blogger ellede said...

August, that made me smile so much the top of my head nearly fell off! :) Blessed is exactly what we are.

We've a new blog going at WordPress - couldn't get the one I started on Blogger to work, the formatting went blah. Must see if I can link to yours from there ... technical challenge!

The address is http://vignettesacrosstheveil.wordpress.com/ if you fancy a look.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home